||Voices for Children in Nebraska
||Bachelor's degree required
Voices for Children in Nebraska
Title: Research Coordinator
Job Summary: Complete responsibility for data collection, analysis, and compilation of the annual Kids Count in Nebraska report. Develop and oversee additional Voices for Children in Nebraska research projects and provide research support to policy staff. Be the primary spokesperson for the Kids Count in Nebraska Report. Oversee all other research and data for other Voices for Children publications.
Reporting Relationship: Reports to the Executive Director
Duties and Responsibilities:
Kids Count in Nebraska Report
- Coordinate and maintain the process and deadlines for all data collection for the Kids Count report.
- Consult policy staff and Graphic Designer on data and layout changes in Kids Count to ensure intuitive organization and location of data in the report.
- Solicit and collect specific Kids Count data from state agencies based on the data collection process established by the project, including county-level data.
- Analyze and prepare data for placement in Kids Count.
- Maintain a Kids Count database and incorporate new data.
- Manage graphic designer to coordinate graphics/layout
- Work with Communications Coordinator on messaging, framing and communications related to Kids Count.
- Consult the Technical Team on edits, corrections and revisions to Kids Count.
- Convene and facilitate one-on-one meetings with members of the Technical Team or state agency leadership to clarify or review data requests and protocol as necessary.
- Use the Kids Count report, Voices for Children’s mission, staff and legislative priorities to identify the annual commentary for the Kids Count report.
- Research, author and craft message for the commentary in the Kids Count report.
- Work with the Communications Coordinator to write and distribute press releases and media advisories. Lead any press conferences or webinars related to Kids Count and other research reports. Communicate with the media on key issues related to the Kids Count report and additional Voices for Children research or data.
- Coordinate and lead participation in Annie E. Casey KIDS COUNT publications per grant requirements.
- Write and maintain reports for all grant proposals related to Kids Count and other Voices for Children research projects.
- Work with the Executive Director and other staff to identify, research, and author additional research projects appropriate for Voices for Children
- Work with Community Engagement Specialist on qualitative data projects
- Coordinate data requests for Voices for Children publications outside of Kids Count
- Stay up to date and informed on new data releases by federal, state, research and non-profit institutions
- Share new data sources and releases with Voices for Children and the public
- Research and cultivate additional potential research partnerships and funding sources to diversify research funding for Voices for Children.
- Utilize Kids Count data, develop Fact Sheets, Issue Briefs, and infographics and work with other staff to prioritize and identify distribution mechanisms
- Provide research support to the policy staff on policy priorities for Voices for Children
- Coordinate, lead, and perform workshops and public speaking functions for Voices for Children covering Kids Count data, information from additional research products, and general Voices for Children information.
- Participate in external boards, committees, and task forces as a representative of Voices for Children and to be present in or connected to the community.
- Bachelor’s degree in the social sciences (political science, sociology, public administration, etc) or equivalent relevant experience required, coursework in statistics
- Thorough understanding of basic research methods and statistics required
- In-depth knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Highly detail-oriented
- Exceptional ability to analyze and explain data in written and spoken communications to a variety of audiences – from data professionals and elected officials to advocates and the media
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Comfort with public speaking
Salary: Starting at $40k, depending on experience. Monthly contribution to health expenses or dependent care, dental insurance, life insurance, 401(k) match, and paid vacation and sick time.
Please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.