Provide support for accounting records, donor database, and coordinate office administration and procedures, in order to ensure the mission, vision and reputation of the Women’s Fund are upheld in a consistent and professional manner.
- Maintain appropriate segregation of duties in processing daily receipts to support functions of organizational accounting.
- Maintain and update the donor database to support fund development efforts.
- Manage accounts receivable and accounts payable functions.
- Perform monthly reconciliations as assigned in partnership with accountant.
- Assist in preparing audit documentation.
- Assist in maintaining internal controls over expenses, cash receipts, and safeguarding assets.
- Maintain the capital asset list.
- Compile required financials reported as necessary.
- Organize office operations and procedure including maintenance, mailing, shipping, supplies, equipment, and invoicing.
Associate or bachelor's degree in accounting and/or three years of experience in accounting or other related field.
Knowledge, skills, abilities:
- Commitment to Women's Fund mission, vision and values
- Attention to detail with the ability to recognize discrepancies
- Excellent analytical, math and organization skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products
- Proficiency with QuickBooks
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to communicate effectively with employees at all levels of the company and with vendors
About the Women’s Fund
The Women’s Fund is a nonprofit organization dedicated to improving the lives of area women and girls. As a trusted expert in the community, the organization identifies critical issues, funds innovative solutions and influences dynamic change. Since its beginning in 1990, the Women’s Fund has supported local agencies with more than $26 million in grants for programs that address the most pressing issues as identified by its research, and has established its own programs to meet unaddressed needs. It is the only foundation that provides grants exclusively to programs for women and girls, and is the leading organization researching issues concerning women and girls in order to raise awareness and drive change. For more information, visit OmahaWomensFund.org.
The Women’s Fund does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, gender identity, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, or economic status, in any of its programs, activities, and employment. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, clients, volunteers, subcontractors, and partners.
The Women’s Fund is an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate and will take affirmative action measures to ensure against discrimination in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, upgrading, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran’s status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.
Last Revised: November 2018
Note: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, or skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
Position Title: Office Manager
Position Reports to: VP of Operations
Schedule: Full time up to 40 hours per week with some flexibility in scheduling. May be required to work additional and/or evening hours during busy time periods or for special events.
Salary Range: $35,000 - $50,000
To apply: Send cover letter and resume to Erin McArthur at EMcArthur@OmahaWomensFund.org.