Mission & Vision, Part 1 of 6
Wed Jun 8th, 9am-11am
It is essential that the board determine and own the mission. Board and staff leadership must share a vision for what they want the organization to be accomplishing in the future. An organization without a shared mission, vision and a plan for how to get there is like a ship at sea without a compass.
In this session, participants will acquire fundamental tools for achieving the board’s first and foremost responsibility, while also learning about other basic board responsibilities.
Board Boot Camp was developed in partnership with Leadership Omaha, Omaha Community Foundation, Nonprofit Association of the Midlands, UNO’s College of Public Affairs and Community Service, United Way of the Midlands and the Women’s Fund of Omaha.
Attend this session if you are:
- A leader in a nonprofit organization
- A prospective nonprofit board member
- An experienced or new board member looking to enhance knowledge and skills
Participants of this session will learn about:
- The lifecycle of nonprofit organizations
- How to keep mission alive in governance
- How to use vision and strategic goals to guide work of board
- What the difference is between board oversight vs. management
- Outcomes: How do we know?
- Community relations skill-building
About the presenter:
Vernon Waldren has a background developing, teaching and facilitating leadership curriculum. He worked for the University of Nebraska - Lincoln Extension for 37 years, and has led board training sessions for various nonprofits across Greater Nebraska. He currently serves on several boards and as executive director for two nonprofits; Friends of Extension and 4-H Foundation & Find Your Way Foundation.
When you select your ticket (by clicking REGISTER above) you will be purchasing a single ticket for this training only.
NAM members can go to our online store and buy all 6 courses for the price of 5!
(This offer applies to NAM members only, and to each of the six courses only.)
Once you have paid your order, we will ensure you a have a seat at all six courses. This offer expires on Monday June 6th, so hurry!
The rest of the story:
- Board Structure, Part 2 of 6 - Wed Jun 15th, 9am-11am
- Finances, Part 3 of 6 - Wed Jun 22nd, 9am-11am
- Board Recruitment & Team Building, Part 4 of 6 - Wed Jun 29th, 9am-11am
- Continuous Improvement & Evaluation, Part 5 of 6 - Wed Jul 6th, 9am-11am
- Meaningful Engagement, Part 6 of 6 - Wed Jul 13th, 9am-11am