2019 Thriving Children, Families,
and Communities Conference
Thriving children and families make for thriving communities!
Please join us on September 16 for an exciting day of learning, sharing, and planning as communities from across Nebraska come together to focus on high-quality early childhood education and its connection to economic development and community vitality. This year's conference is in response to statewide calls for assistance and offers an opportunity to share success stories, learn from each other, and develop action plans for implementing high-quality birth – Grade 3 care and education.
The conference is intended for community leaders—including those in education, economic development, child care, business, government, health care, higher education, and philanthropy—who have an interest in learning more about high-quality early childhood education programs and services and their important role in economic development.
The event will feature keynote presentations, workshops on a range of practical issues, a luncheon panel discussion with community representatives from across the state, and networking opportunities. Throughout the day, state and local experts will:
- Highlight the growing demand for early childhood education across the state
- Define and reinforce the importance of high-quality early childhood education from birth - Grade 3
- Explain why high-quality, accessible, and affordable early childhood programs are critical to community growth and vitality and how they help break the cycle of intergenerational poverty
- Provide practical information about building and implementing programs and services
- Connect community leaders to peers and informational resources
- Answer commonly asked questions
On September 17, representatives participating in the statewide Communities for Kids initiative are invited to meet to discuss successes and challenges and to connect and share strategies. The Nebraska Children and Families Foundation initiative is working with communities across Nebraska to advance their early childhood programming and services.
- Nebraska Department of Education (NDE)
- Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS)
- First Five Nebraska
- Nebraska Children and Families Foundation
- Nebraska Community Foundation
- Nebraska Extension
- Buffett Early Childhood Fund
- Buffett Early Childhood Institute
- Nebraska Association for the Education of Young Children (NeAEYC)
- Nebraska Association of School Boards (NASB)
- Nebraska Business Development Center (NBDC)
- Nebraska Chapter of the American Academy of Pediatrics
- Nebraska Council of School Administrators
- Nebraska Early Childhood Collaborative
- Nebraska ESU Coordinating Council
- Nebraska Head Start Association
- Nebraska Hospital Association
- Nebraska State Education Association (NSEA)
- Panhandle Partnership, Inc.
- Rural Futures Institute
Conference agendas, session descriptions, and presenter biographies will be coming soon.
Register at: http://events.r20.constantcontact.com/register/event?llr=hzuhmhtab&oeidk=a07egbmwu5q06810010