I want to share a few things Cox has implemented to help customers (and those who may not even have internet at home) at this time. This is especially important as more people work from home or may have to remain at home for an extended period.
· For a limited time, the first month of service for new Connect2Compete (low-cost internet for low-income families with K-12 students) will be free, with a very low price point ongoing for families who qualify
· Cox has launched a temporary price reduction and speed increase for our Starter internet product to help seniors, college students and low-income families who do not have K-12 students (see bullet #1)
· Residential customers in the company’s Starter, Straight-Up Internet, and Connect2Compete packages will be automatically upgraded to speeds of 50 Mbps. More information: https://newsroom.cox.com/Cox_expands_coronavirus_relief_for_remote_workers_and_students.
· For these specific tiers, Cox is extending its Cox Complete Care remote desktop support at no charge to residential customers with remote helpdesk and assistance for loading new applications they may need to use during this time, such as online classroom support applications and web conferencing services
· Cox is opening 500+ Cox outdoor municipal WiFi hotspots across the Greater metro areas
· Cox is eliminating data usage overages for a 60-day period to meet the higher bandwidth demands
· Cox is supporting the FCC’s Keep America Connected initiative by pledging for the next 60 days to not terminate service to any residential or small business customer because of an inability to pay their bills due to disruptions caused by the coronavirus pandemic; waive any late fees that any residential or small business customer incurs because of their economic circumstances related to the coronavirus pandemic; and
Any resident who wishes to speak with Cox about any of these options may reach us at 402-933-3000.
I also want you to know our highly redundant and resilient network is fully operational, and we believe we are well-prepared to support the growing number of customers who are working and learning from home. Our all-hands-on-deck team of nationwide network professionals are holistically monitoring and managing our network, both physically from our network operations centers and 100 percent virtually, if needed.
Lynne (Sangimino) Reif | Market Vice President
11505 W. Dodge Rd. Omaha, NE 68154
o: 402.934.1179 |m: 402.763.7290 | email@example.com