Register here: https://nalhdorg.presencehost.net/our-work/nwd.html
No Wrong Door is a 1 day workshop that will help participants recognize and improve services for veterans, military service members and the families who face challenges associated with military experiences and lifestyle. Join us at our upcoming workshop on November 15, 2016 in Kearney, Nebraska.
Recognize and improve services for Veterans, service members and the families who face challenges associated with military experiences and lifestyle, particularly the invisible wounds of war.
Who Should Attend?
Anyone who serves or works with Veterans, service members or their families. Calling all nurses, social workers, occupational therapists, mental health practitioners, speech language pathologists, law enforcement, educators and school administrators, vocational rehabilitation counselors,clergy, employers, case managers, community based organization staff, community members, and veteran family members. This training is for you!
8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Military 101: Identify common customs of daily military life, etiquette and cultures and recognize the common behavioral and emotional reactions experienced as a military member
- PTSD & TBI: The Perfect Storm: State the mechanisms of TBI in a combat environment including blast related exposures and injuries. Recognize the similarities and distinctions between the symptoms of TBI and PTSD and provide an introduction to various treatment techniques.
- Opening the Door to the VA: Define support, programs, and resources which are provided through the VA to assist Veteran transition.
- Panel -- Veterans Voices: Coming Home: Recognize effects of trauma from war as experienced by Military members and their families
- The view from the Front Porch: Recognize the effects military lifestyle, deployments and injuries have on the military family.
- Suicide Watch: Integrate strategies of suicide prevention which specifically address the unique culture and needs of military members in crisis.