The Management Center Training
The Management Center Training - nonmember invites
As part of our mission to strengthen Nebraska’s 501c3 nonprofit community and advocacy organizations, The Nebraska Civic Engagement Table is pleased to offer two days of management training at the incredibly low price of $75/participant for one day of training or $100/participant for both days. This is a great opportunity to learn new management techniques or brush up on best practices!
The Management Center has provided management training to more than 100 of the most influential social change organizations in the country, offering both intensive hands-on coaching services for executive directors and their senior leadership teams, as well as a series of management training courses that supply practical advice and tools for managers to put to work immediately.
Managing to Change the World: 2-Day Crash Course
September 13-14, 2016, 10:00am - 5:00pm
Nonprofit Hub, 211 N. 14th Street, Lincoln, NE 68501
Tickets are $75/participant for one day of training, or $100/participant for both days*. The full price of the two day training is typically $495. *Table member organizations receive up to two FREE registrations and a discount on additional registrations. Contact Zack Burgin for the member registration Promotional Code.
Please RSVP directly through The Management Center by following the instructions below:
To attend both days of the trainings, complete this registration form: Managing to Change the World: 2-Day Crash Course
To attend the first day of training ONLY, complete this registration form: Owning the Work
If you have any questions about payment, please contact Tré Pina at firstname.lastname@example.org. For questions about the training, please contact me at email@example.com.
Additional information about Managing to Change the World:
Day one: Owning the Work Our Owning the Work training is designed for non-managers and will provide the skills to be an awesome owner of work! Participants will learn how to:
- Get aligned with your manager on what success looks like by asking the right questions (or providing the answers!)
- Use “check-ins” to get what you need to move work forward and keep your manager in the loop
- Write individual goals that keep your focus on outcomes and broad responsibilities
- Ask for feedback and practice receiving it in a way that makes you better at your job
- Manage your time and stay organized
- Please follow the the links below for more information about the two-day training courses and to reserve your seat(s).
Day two: Management Crash Course This fast-paced course in the basics of effective management will teach you how to ensure your team gets great results and includes time for discussion and practice. You’ll learn how to:
- Delegate tasks effectively
- Use goals to hand off broad responsibilities
- Check in with your staff efficiently
- Hire great people
- Give feedback and develop your staff
- Resolve performance problems and manage people out
- Work more effectively with your own boss by managing up
- Keep yourself organized and use your time effectively, even when you have an overflowing plate
- Incorporate an equity lens in applying the management practices above
- Ensure your team gets great results