Meaningful Engagement, Part 6 of 6
Wed Jul 13th, 9am-11am
Most people join boards to make a difference. Meaningful board engagement often results from working at strategic and visionary levels for the purposes of helping the organization sort through challenging issues and set a course of the future.
In this culminating session, participants will learn how to apply three levels of board thinking in order to develop the knowledge of where an organization is headed and how it will get there.
Board Boot Camp was developed in partnership with Leadership Omaha, Omaha Community Foundation, Nonprofit Association of the Midlands, UNO’s College of Public Affairs and Community Service, United Way of the Midlands and the Women’s Fund of Omaha.
Attend this session if you are:
- A leader in a nonprofit organization
- A prospective nonprofit board member
- An experienced or new board member looking to enhance knowledge and skills
Participants will learn about:
- Thinking at the right levels: fiduciary, visionary, and strategic
- Internal vs. external vision
- Asking the right questions
- Building strategic discussions into every board meeting
- Staying connected to mission
- Strategic planning to guide ongoing work
- Mission vs. vision vs. strategic priorities
About the presenter:
Cindy Tierney, M.Ed., has worked in the nonprofit sector for over 30 years. Skilled at designing innovate training and staff development solutions, she is an energetic and motivating leader with a proven ability to effectively manage people and projects. She currently serves as Executive Director of the Concord Mediation Center, which creates pathways of constructive dialogue and conflict resolution.
When you select your ticket (by clicking REGISTER above) you will be purchasing a single ticket for this training only.
This is the last in a 6 part series.
Please sign up for our emails to be notified when we will be offering this training series again (Fall 2016).